Collar Club KC
Can’t find the answer to your question here? Give us a call!
- What are the benefits of dog daycare for my dog?
- Dog daycare is a fantastic solution for busy dog owners. In our daycare, your dog will experience a day full of fun and socialization. Our professional daycare staff is passionate about dogs, ensuring your dog's safety and happiness. Dog daycare provides dogs with valuable exercise and interaction. Your dog will play and socialize with other dogs, making each day at daycare an exciting adventure for your dog. Our daycare services are tailored to meet your dog's specific needs, offering a customized experience. At our daycare, your dog's well-being is our top priority. We have secure play areas and a well-trained daycare team to monitor your dog's activities. Your dog will feel secure and comfortable in our daycare environment. Our daycare staff is dedicated to keeping your dog active and engaged. Your dog will thrive in our daycare, enjoying the love and attention they deserve. Choose dog daycare for a happy, healthy, and content dog. Your dog will thank you for the experience of a lifetime at daycare!
- Why does Collar Club use rubber floors?
- Collar Club in Waldo Kansas City and in Olathe both use rubber floors in dog daycare. Rubber floors are perfect for dog daycare because they provide safety and comfort for every dog. In daycare, dogs play and socialize all day, and rubber floors ensure they can do so without slipping or getting hurt. Dogs love the soft, cushioned feel of rubber, making it a cozy spot for relaxation. Daycare staff appreciates the low maintenance of rubber floors, which are resistant to scratches and stains. For daycare centers, keeping dogs happy and secure is the top priority, and rubber floors play a pivotal role in achieving this goal.
- I need to drop off my dog before you open, can I do that?
- Our 24/7 dog drop-off room, designed exclusively for dogs, offers unparalleled convenience for dog daycare clients. The secure entry door ensures a controlled daycare facility entrance, prioritizing dog safety and peace of mind. With flexibility that caters to the diverse schedules of dog owners, we're committed to delivering top-notch daycare services while maintaining a secure setting for dogs. Your beloved dogs are our top priority, and our 24/7 drop-off room reflects our dedication to their well-being and the needs of our daycare clients.
- What is balanced dog training?
- Balanced dog training is a comprehensive approach that integrates various training methods to achieve the best results. This training philosophy is centered around creating a harmonious relationship between you and your dog, deepening the bond with your four-legged best friend. It recognizes that every dog is unique, and their training needs may vary. Training starts with a deep understanding of your dog's individual characteristics and requirements. Whether your dog is a playful puppy or a mature companion, balanced training acknowledges that each dog's journey requires a tailored approach. The key to successful training lies in a balanced use of both positive and aversive techniques. Positive training methods, such as treats and praise, motivate your dog to learn and obey commands willingly. Conversely, aversive techniques, like gentle corrections or redirection, helps the dog understand boundaries and expectations. Balanced dog training encourages consistency in training sessions. Regular, structured training sessions help your dog grasp behaviors and commands more effectively. Consistent training is essential to build a strong foundation of obedience and expectations. Balanced dog training does not rely solely on one training technique; it takes into account the dog's overall well-being. A balanced approach promotes physical and mental exercise, keeping your dog engaged and stimulated. A well-exercised dog is more receptive to training. Balanced training is not just about teaching commands; it's about creating a well-rounded and well-behaved dog. It instills good behavior, respect and a deep bond between the dog and owner. In this approach, training is a lifelong journey that fosters trust and enhances the quality of life for both dog and owner. In summary, balanced dog training is a holistic approach that recognizes the uniqueness of each dog. It combines positive reinforcement and aversive corrections, focuses on consistency, exercises the dog's body and mind, and ultimately creates a harmonious and respectful relationship between you and your beloved canine companion. Training is the cornerstone of this approach, ensuring that your dog becomes a well-mannered and happy member of your family.
- What vaccinations are required for my dog to go to Collar Club doggy daycare?
- We require rabies, DHPP and bordetella (frequency per Veterinary requirement) for all services. We also accept titer testing if done by a licensed veterinarian. Vaccinations are crucial in doggy daycare for various reasons. Firstly, they ensure that every doggy in our care is protected from contagious diseases. By requiring vaccinations, we create a safer environment for all our furry friends. Secondly, vaccinated doggies are less likely to become carriers of illnesses, reducing the risk of outbreaks within our doggy daycare. This proactive approach safeguards the health and well-being of all doggies who come to play. Moreover, vaccines provide individual doggies with strong immunity against common diseases, ensuring they stay healthy and happy. This means your beloved doggy can enjoy their time in daycare without the worry of falling ill or spreading infections to other doggies.
- My dog has not been spayed/neutered, can they still play in daycare?
- The Missouri Department of Agriculture requires all dogs in dog daycare to be spayed or neutered. However, unaltered dogs can daystay at Collar Club Waldo Kansas City location and get pampered by our Caregivers throughout the day. Collar Club Olathe unfortunately cannot accommodate daystay dogs.
- Do I need a reservation to bring my dog for daycare?
- In order to assure you have a spot in daycare, we strongly recommend making a reservation. However, as long as we have up-to-date vaccination records on your account, you are more than welcome to drop-off without a reservation.
- Why Does Collar Club Temperament Test Dogs?
- Collar Club in Waldo Kansas City and in Olathe utilize temperament testing to determine which room your dog will play in. Temperament testing is an important step in understanding a dog's behavior and suitability for specific environments (such as daycare). It allows us to ensure the safety of both the dogs and humans alike. By evaluating a dog's temperament, we can determine if a dog is a good match for a particular daycare playgroup. Our temperament test shows how a new dog reacts to humans, other dogs, different sizes of dogs and more. We will assess a new dog’s sociability and look for different dog traits that will determine if a dog is a good fit for our daycare groups. In summary, temperament testing is an essential practice to maintain safe daycare groups and support the well-being of both dogs and humans.