Teach your dog Proper Petiquette
The Collar Club offers training for every skill level
For pricing please visit our Pricing & Memberships page.
The Petiquette Series is a multi-class course starting on basic obedience, forming a foundation, strengthening the commands and then using those commands in public obedience.
Board and Train
Have your pet learn some fun new things while you’re away. Our trainer will work with your pet while they stay, focusing on goals you would like for your pet to achieve in obedience. Two follow-up lesson with you will follow the boarding stay to make sure you’re up to speed with your furry friends new tricks. Price of boarding not included.
Dayplay and Train
This program offers your pet a full day of play & interaction with some one-on-one obedience training during the middle of the day. It’s a great way to teach your furry friend better manners and work on socialization as well. Programs run with two lessons per week along with a one on one lesson with you mid week. Price of dayplay individual day or subscriptions not included.
Private in-home lessons bring the training to you. They give you the ability to have a trainer see your pet in the places they are most comfortable and focus on the things they need at home.
Meet the Trainer
Our training program is led by head trainer Jessica Belcher.
Jessica has been in the pet industry for 10+ years and brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to The Collar Club training program.
She completed an in-depth two-year apprenticeship on canine behavior and obedience and has numerous success stories with her training clients over the years. In addition to her training experience, Jessica also specializes in teaching canine CPR and basic first aid. She is currently working towards becoming an AKC Canine Good Citizen evaluator and furthering her ability to change the lives of the family pet.
She has two dogs at home, Aspen her Australian Cattle Dog and Riley her Jack Russell. When she isn’t exploring the world, you can probably find her teaching Aspen a new trick or snuggling with Riley at home.
This is a beginner level group training class that focuses on basic obedience and forming a foundation of training for your pet. This six-week class is suitable for dogs of all ages and will help you solidify basic commands, such as sit, down, place and come. Classes can aid in strengthening your relationship with your furry friend.
This is an intermediate level group training class. This six-week class is the next step in your training journey! This course will strengthen the commands your pet has already learned by adding an extra level of distraction. This class focuses on bringing basic commands into the real world and challenges your pet.
This is an advanced level group training class that focuses on public obedience and bringing your dog into new environments. This six-week class will bring you to a new location across the city each week, where you will meet for class and implement proper etiquette and training techniques in public. This class is perfect for those looking for a polite but social pet while in public.
Tricks class is a perfect way to add fun to your daily training routine once you’ve completed basic obedience. The class focuses on fun tricks such as roll over, spin, jumping through hoops, shake and crawl. It’s an interactive and fun way to not only get your dog ready for the next family get together but also focuses on strengthening engagement with your pet on a purely fun level.
- Is there enough space to promote social distancing and am I required to wear a mask?
- Yes, the areas where training is held are large enough to keep a safe social distance and masks are required.
- What is balanced training?
- Balanced training, in its simplest form, is training with both a mix of aversive consequence and reward based techniques. Dogs are shown how to preform tasks using food and then guided once they have learned the task.
- What if class falls on a holiday?
- Classes will not be held during the week of holidays. They will still be six weeks in duration, with a break during that week.
- How many people should come to class with me? Should I bring the entire family?
- Any person that will take a major part in not only the handling of your dog, but the training as well, is welcome in class. All attendees must be at least 10 years of age.
- What class should I start with?
- Petiquette Bronze is a great starting point, even for dogs that have some basis of training. If you think your pet is further along, we offer free evaluations to better place your pet in a more advanced class.
- What vaccinations are required for my dog to go to The Collar Club?
- We require rabies, DHPP and bordetella (frequency per Veterinary requirement) for all services. We also accept titer testing if done by a licensed veterinarian.
After losing two of the best dachshunds in the world, I made the leap to two wonderful Golden Retrievers. I knew I would need help navigating the world of active large breed dogs, and Jess has been there every step of the way to help me navigate through this change. I have two well-mannered dogs, thanks to the training Jess has provided and continues to provide us. Not only does she have a special way with dogs - she has the same with their humans. I trust Jess completely with my boys which is huge. She truly is a dog-whisperer in the kindest and gentlest way. She's simply one of the best!
– Patrice (Champ & Scout's Human)
My dog has truly grown in the short time I’ve been attending classes at The Collar Club. I love going to class and love spending time training at home with skills learned from class. I’ve been to other dog training classes but this is by far the best I’ve been a part of. I’ll continue taking classes as much as possible.
– Amy (Steve's Human)
We have a one year old Aussiedoodle who we have been bringing to the Collar Club regularly since July. The best thing we did for her was enroll her in the dog training classes offered by Jessica Belcher. Jessica is a very knowledgeable, kind and dedicated professional. Our dog thrived under her expert tutelage. We did the bronze and silver classes. In addition to the classes, Jessica was always willing and able to answer our questions and concerns we had about dog care and behavior.
– Ron and Nancy (Neena’s Human’s)